Berlin is without doubt the techno capital of the world. When the Berlin Wall fell at the end of the Cold War there was an explosion of electronic music creativity. Artists sought out abandoned buildings to host marathon raves soundtracked by a new sound coming out of Detroit.
Although techno may have started in America, it was perfected in Berlin. Today the city is littered with nightclubs and music venues. Most famous of all is the techno mecca, Berghain. Other well-known clubs are Sisyphos, Watergate and Kater Blau.
- A tourists guide to Berlin techno clubs
- The BEST party hostels in Berlin
- What to wear clubbing in Berlin
- Inside Berghain WTF!?
- The Berghain sound system
- Is Berghain always open?
- Can you film inside Berghain?
- Why is Berghain so hard to get into?
- Berghain: 15 things you should know