Ibiza is a Balearic paradise that welcomes visitors young and old with open arms.
The great clubs you see today were built on the enthusiasm from the revellers of yesteryear. Many of whom still frequent the White Island due to its incredible charm.
While you will never be out of place in an Ibiza nightclub, no matter how old, there are a few that are preferred by an older crowd.
Here in no particular order, are the top 3:
- Cova Santa
In addition to these, other nights are suitable for you to enjoy like the Children of the 80s night at the Hard Rock hotel.
So if you are wondering if you are too old to enjoy partying in the world’s premier clubbing destination, keep reading to find out where is best and where to avoid.
Is 40 too old to go to Ibiza?
You’ll be pleased to know that 40 isn’t too old to go clubbing in Ibiza. Pepe Rosello (the owner of Space) was famous for enjoying himself in the booth next to the great Carl Cox, and he was well into his 80s!
Not to say that everyone will have the stamina to sustain a clubbing career for that long, but you would still be welcome.
The majority of people partying in Ibiza are in their 20s and 30s. However, there are plenty of others over the age of 40 enjoying the music and the atmosphere.
Ibiza clubs for over 40s
As mentioned earlier, there aren’t any clubs in Ibiza that are strictly for over 40s. But there are 3 that stand out as ones where you will definitely feel a part of.
- Pikes: Founded by the famous Tony Pike in 1978. This Ibiza institution was the premier party hotel for the rich and famous in its heyday. The hotel draws in an older crowd and is open to all walks of life. You’ll hear anything from disco and house of the 80s to cutting edge selections of today. The property has many charms, and the party spans the premises. So don’t think of Pikes as a nightclub per se. But rather a gathering of music lovers in a relaxed environment with plenty of space to dance and chill out.
- Cova Santa: Located in the hills of the San Jose area, this spot was first opened to tourists in 1957. Since then, it has grown into a world-class events venue. And it can best be described as fine dining and occasional raving. Older patrons can enjoy the gastronomic experience and, after that, a memorable night produced by the WooMoon crew.
- Lio: Lio is part of the Pacha group, and no expense has been spared to create the entertainment. The evenings are typically cabaret and acrobatics displays. And after an evening of enjoying these productions, the space turns itself into a nightclub with some of the best electronic music DJs taking charge of the decks.
Is 35 too old for Ibiza?
35 is not too old for Ibiza. In fact, if you are this age, then you’ll find plenty of other 30 somethings enjoying the nightlife in Ibiza.
Ibiza is known as an expensive destination. And generally speaking, the people who have the disposable income needed to enjoy the thrills of its nightlife are 30 and over.
In addition, many of the DJs (but not all) playing the main slots on the island spend their 20s honing their craft elsewhere until the superclubs hire their services.
Best clubs in Ibiza for over 30s
- Pacha: Requires a smarter dress code than most of the other Ibiza clubs. And this usually results in an older crowd attending their events. In addition to this, their prices are higher, so you won’t typically find any late teens on tour in this jaunt.
- Hi: Another club that requires you to look smart to get in. This club is excellent for over 30’s and is a great blend of all ages on any given night. The drink prices are definitely on the high end for Ibiza, which means they are astronomically high by world standards!
The White Isle is, and always will be, somewhere you can enjoy yourself well into your later years. But, unfortunately, nightclubs are not typically places where 40 somethings can enjoy themselves and not feel a little out of place.
But Ibiza features a host of clubs where you can and WILL enjoy your night out. In addition, the clubs that we mentioned earlier actively get their atmosphere for their crowds of 30 and over.
So if you were on the fence about clubbing in Ibiza over the age of 40, you’d be pleased to know that Ibiza is where like-minded souls congregate. Season after season, year after year.